Friday, January 13, 2017

Film Friday: Jack Reacher: Never Go Back


Jack Reacher: Never Go Back

Directed by:  Edward Zwick


Staring: Tom Cruise, Cobie Smulders


The Breakdown: Jack Reacher must uncover the truth behind a major government conspiracy in order to clear his name. On the run as a fugitive from the law, Reacher uncovers a potential secret from his past that could change his life forever. (From IMDB.com)

My Review: 
I absolutely loved the first Jack Reacher film. I know it did badly at the box office and I myself found it on Netflix and was amazed at how good it was. So needless to say I was eagerly anticipating the second film in the franchise. I was even more thrilled when I heard Cobie was going to be in it. I was really hoping to see her kick some butt. In that regard I was happy we got to see Cobie as a bad ass who could hold her own along side Jack. However, this movie failed to bring the tension and drama that the first one did so perfectly. The addition of the teenager tagging along just drug it down so bad that I was counting cliches. It was entertaining and filled with fights and car chases that we love from Tom Cruise but it lost the edge the first one had going for it. Here's hoping they drop the cute stuff and go back to the feel and drama of the first one if they are going to do another one.

Rating: 3.5 Glasses

Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Debate: Hulu Vs. Netflix

Which is better? Netflix or Hulu! Check out the video and let me know your thoughts :)