Friday, August 5, 2016

Film Friday: Star Trek Beyond


Star Trek Beyond

Directed by: Justin Lin

Staring: Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoey Saldana, Karl Urban, Simon Pegg

The Breakdown: The USS Enterprise crew explores the furthest reaches of uncharted space, where they encounter a new ruthless enemy who puts them and everything the Federation stands for to the test. (From IMDB)


My Review:
I am going to start by saying that I am a fan of the original series AND a fan of the rebooted series. I think it is more than possible to love both for what they are and not try to compare them. That being said of the three of the reboot films I think this is my second favorite. I won't tell which one wins :) I really liked Jaylah and her addition I think fit in perfectly. Story wise it was well put together and executed. I think it was funnier and quirkier than the other two films and I think that was in big part to Simon Pegg being on the writing staff. I am a big fan of the actors being involved in the story writing especially when one has such an amazing talent for writing a fun story. This franchise could have gone terribly wrong and tried to make the films too serious to follow the trend of darkening the stories for drama. Star Trek is fun and lighthearted all while giving the viewer something to think about but laugh as well. This film hit is almost perfectly. I do wish that the storyline had been more developed and I was sad that they did not include Carol Marcus as the franchise goes forward. I hope that they reconsider and bring her back for the next film. The cast was perfect and the performances were on point. I think the Star Trek fans will be very happy with this new film.


Rating: 4.5 Glasses

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Debate: Hulu Vs. Netflix

Which is better? Netflix or Hulu! Check out the video and let me know your thoughts :)